Wondering why patients who have chronic fatigue syndrome should be buying their medications online? Well, there are a multitude of reasons why patients who have chronic fatigue will need to buy their drugs from a pharmacy online.
- Disability – One of the primary reasons to why many patients who are suffering from chronic fatigue choose to get their drugs online is the disability factor. Patients could be housebound and could not approach a doctor easily.
- Convenience – Any Myalgic Encephalopathy or chronic fatigue syndrome patients might not be a housebound, but due to certain mental frailty could find it very difficult and even exhausting to have meeting with doctors. This happens especially when one finds the doctor to be dismissive or even scathing for that matter. Some find it very uneasy or hard to manage with doctors who sometimes happen to be authoritative when the patient is extremely ill and having ME/CFS or anxiety disorder. Some find it hard to interact with physicians though the health care providers seem to be nice. At times, the patient’s own mental frailty illness can make it go hard with the doctor.
- These patients might also find it difficult to persuade their doctors to prescribe certain meds to be used as off-labels. Moreover, the doctors also do not have the independence to prescribe medicines for off-label. Also they do not have the freedom to prescribe meds in an experimental way if they are guided by medicines that are based on evidence or by insurance plans or due to the rules of medicine systems.
- Sometimes, there are chances that doctors might know very little about Myalgic Encephalopathy or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and thus they might not know why a specific medicine could be suitable for treating ME/CFS. In most of the cases, one finds that the patient is more knowledgeable than the doctor about the condition of ME/CFS.
- Also, many physicians might mistake ME/CFS for psychosomatic or as a somatoform disease. As a result of this they might not even prescribe antivirals as they assume incorrectly that the cause of ME/CFS is all related to the mind.
- Different drug choices – ME/CFS is such a condition/ disease wherein when one patient benefits from the drug or supplement, the other patient might not notice any benefit at all. Therefore, it involves dozens of medications to test routinely and then to find the right one that might work for you. There are around 250 medicines for treating ME/CFS and you should be lucky to find a doctor who has time to test drugs one by one for you and ascertain the one that might be suitable for you.
- Low Cost – Another factor is the low cost of online pharmacy drugs. One can import generic meds from countries that sell drugs for cheap. Also, for those who do not have medical insurance, it is going to be even cheaper to purchase generic medicines from overseas over the online pharmacies.