Klonopin is a schedule IV classified drug in the United States which can induce serious tranquilizing property to the user. So getting them from your local pharmacy may be a cumbersome task without a proper prescription. And the hard fact is that doctors won’t get this prescribed, until and unless it’s necessary for the patient. Here are certain things that you can follow in order to get a prescription for the drug:
Follow these steps to get Klonopin prescribed
- Do a self-diagnosis and understand the need for a psychiatric drug. If the anxiety is the culprit, try to understand its root cause such that, it will be easy to explain with your doctor
- Identify the symptoms one by one. This would be an organized procedure that you doctor might also follow.
- Have an open talk with your doctor, convey him your need for Klonopin. Explain your problems in depth so that doctor gets a clear idea on the cause.
- 4) Ask for a psychiatrist. Usually, if the problem is more physiological, then your doctor would recommend a physiatrist, who is more qualified to prescribe Klonopin or other benzodiazepine drugs.
- Do not ask for a particular drug or brand name in the first instant, instead, be patient enough to thoroughly describe your need for such a drug. But you might crack open a conversation later, which should be well plotted like “Is there some like a Klonopin?” Be unsure about the use and name of the thing you are looking for.
- Never approach the psychiatrist with a preconceived notion, if they find that you are there for a prescription drug, they might not entertain that because Klonopin and other prescription drugs are often abused.
- It is very important to describe your previous medical condition or therapies before taking Klonopin because they have a possible interaction and side effect with other drugs. People with serious liver problems are not supposed to take this drug.
- Always make sure that once you received a prescription, it shouldn’t be misused to illegally possess Klonopin, which might be a criminal offense in some states.
Know how Klonopin works and its adverse effects before you get it prescribed
Benzodiazepine class drugs have some serious tranquilizing properties, which induce a hallucinogenic effect to the user. Klonopin acts on the brain by enhancing the GABA receptor signaling, thereby modulating the unbalanced chemicals. One must convince their doctor to prescribe this drug, however, long-term use is not advised in any case because, the benzodiazepine drugs have a tendency to permanently damage the receptor molecule upon prolonged usage, which might be life threatening, depending on one’s physical health.
Precautions to be taken while using Klonopin
Klonopin has some serious allergic interaction, so, one must be careful enough to make sure that they are not inviting any of side effects by taking it. Before getting it prescribed, describe previous medication history to your doctor. There is a total of 870 known inter drug interaction possible with Klonopin, so, make sure that you don’t use any of the drugs listed by your doctor while taking Klonopin.