Vardenafil is mass produced under the brand name of Levitra. It is used to treat erectile dysfunctions in men. Vardenafil relaxes the penile muscles and induces good blood flow in the penis which helps in proper erection. Vardenafil tablets may cause a variety of side effects in a male so one should always maintain proper guidelines for consuming this erectile dysfunction medication.
Let your doctor know your medical history before taking Levitra
Levitra should always be used under proper guidelines and instructions from the doctor. As it may interact with other medications and can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure so you should always inform the doctor about the medicines that you are consuming before starting the consumption of Vardenafil pills. Vardenafil should also not be used while a person is on nitrate drugs as it may cause severe chest pain. You should inform your doctor if you have the following problems before being prescribed with Levitra:
- Heart diseases or cardiovascular problems.
- Previous or genetic history of QT syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Diseases of liver or kidney
- History of blood diseases like anaemia, leukaemia, and myeloma
- Gastric ulcers
- Inherited retinal problems
- Deformity of penis
- Hearing or vision problems
Taking Levitra decreases blood flow to the eye which may add to the sudden loss of vision. Vardenafil is also not recommended for people having coronary artery diseases or having the problems like diabetes and high cholesterol. These cautions must be kept in mind and should be informed to the physician.
Follow these guidelines for taking Levitra properly
- Levitra should be taken as per the direction of the doctor. You should follow the direction given in the prescription and consume it only as the doctor has prescribed.
- There is no such regulation for taking Vardenafil with food. It can be swallowed with food or without food as per the preferences of the user. Vardenafil tablets are usually consumed before having sexual intercourse.
- Consume the medication at least 60 minutes before having sex. The medicine will help you to achieve a successful erection and to maintain it when the sexual stimulation occurs. Without proper stimulation, an erection will not occur.
- One should not consume more than a tablet in a single day. You should immediately contact your physician if the erection is painful or last for very long, as longer erection can be harmful to you penis’ health.
- The drug should be stored away from heat and light at room temperature.
- One should take the Levitra dosage only as prescribed. Vardenafil is not a drug of daily usage. It is only used before sexual conjugation so one should not worry about missing a dose. If you have consumed an overdosage of Levitra then it is best to call the doctor and ask for help.
What should I avoid while on Levitra dosage?
One should not consume grapes or grape juice as it interacts with Vardenafil causing adverse effects. You must restrain yourself from drinking alcohol while on Levitra dosage.
Sex is an important part of our lives and erectile dysfunction lessen the joy of our conjugal life. So follow the above guidelines, treat your impotency and have a happy sex life.