Xanax is a common anti-anxiety drug used for treating anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and anxiety caused as a result of underlying medical conditions or by taking other medications. Is Xanax, a safe drug? The answer isn’t a simple yes or no. It depends on a several crucial factors. Let us talk about those in detail.
It is unsafe to buy Xanax or Alprazolam from any unauthorized online pharmacies operating from other countries other than US and Canada. Certain manufacturers add dangerous ingredients to the drug which have harmful side effects. Do not use the drug manufactured by an online pharmacy that hasn’t complied with the FDA norms.
Who can use the drug?
Using a top quality drug does not mean that you are always safe. You should know who can use the drug and who cannot. Patients affected of below medical conditions shouldn’t use the drug without doctor’s approval.
- Seizure, epilepsy or any other brain related problems
- Kidney problem
- Liver problem
- Breathing problems
- Mental conditions
- History of addiction
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Increasing the dosage strength or consuming another dose within 8 hours from the previous dose can result in overdosing. Overdose can lead to fatal conditions. Symptoms of overdose are loss of co-ordination, loss of balance, confusion, and extreme drowsiness. In some, it cause dizzy feelings and can make a person faint. Get immediate medical help or contact local poison control help line.
Even if you adhere with all directions stated by your doctor and use the best quality Alprazolam in the market.
Common side effects of Xanax are;
- Slurred speech
- Memory problems
- Anxiety during early morning
Serious side effects of Xanax are;
- Suicidal thoughts
- Increased energy
- Risk taking behavior
- Confusion, hallucination, agitation and others
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Pounding heartbeat
- Racing thoughts
This is not the complete list of side effects. If you experience any unusual behavior or any condition in the serious side effects list, stop the drug and talk to your doctor immediately.
Drug interaction is reaction of Xanax with food and other drugs. This can be a moderation interaction or even a serious one. Do not consume alcohol (alcohol based drugs like cough syrup) or grapefruit along with Xanax. If you are consuming any other drug in the following list, talk to your doctor, before taking the drug.
- Other anxiety drugs
- Depression drugs
- Pain killers
- Sleep inducing drugs
- Vitamin D3 drugs and supplements
- Diabetes drugs like metformin
There are a lot of other drugs which interact with Xanax. If you are taking any drug, talk to your doctor and learn about its interaction.
Tips for safety while using the drug
- You should always give the control of drug dispatch to another person. This will control addiction risk.
- Let people around you know that you are on anti-anxiety drug and it can cause loss of balance and increases risk of falling
- Do not drive or use heavy machinery, while on the drug
- Take blood test or visit your doctor frequently to check the effect of the drug on your body.
- You can use either generic or brand formulation of medications. See to it that you get the physician’s approval.
- Do not give this drug to children and senior citizens, without doctor’s approval.
- Smoking and obesity can reduce the effect of the drug.
- Keep medicines out of reach from pets and children (especially teenagers)
Stick to doctor’s advice in terms of dose, duration, direction and others. This will help you to safely use the drug and recover from anxiety disorder with ease.