Tramadol is a narcotic like pain reliever used to relieve any kind of pain ranging from moderate to severe. The pill works in the person to change how your body feels and responds to pain. This pill is available with or without a prescription from, the doctor. The pill should not be crushed, broken or mixed with a liquid to inject in the body as all of these practices can prove to be dangerous and can also result in life threating situations that can even lead to death.
Tramadol SR tablets comprises of the active ingredient tramadol (as tramadol hydrochloride) that is used to relieve moderate to severe pain anywhere in the body. Along with pain relief, the pill is also employed for various other medical purposes. This drug belongs to a class of medicines known as analgesics and is available at any online pharmacy only with a doctor’s prescription. The tablets are designed to release the active ingredient for pain relief over a prolonged time taking several hours for the release. If you are prescribed with this medicine, you can talk to your doctor as why this drug is prescribed for you and how it works for pain relief.
Tramadol Vs Tramadol SR – Who can and cannot take
People who have consumed alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers or any narcotic medications in the recent past should not be taking this drug. Dangerous side effects or death can occur if the drug is taken with alcohol. Before you take this brand medicine as pain medication, inform your doctor if you have severe asthma, blockage in stomach and intestine, a history of epilepsy or seizure disorder or if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
Before taking the sustained release formulation, inform your health care professional if you have any of the following conditions
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, you need to consult your health care professional before taking the pill. If you have already consulted the physician, then inform him/ her about the same.
- Breast feeding mothers are also not entertained to use this drug without getting the consent from the doctor. You can talk to your doctor about the possible risks and benefits of the drug if you are planning to take this drug for pain relief.
- If you have been vaccinated recently or planning to get vaccinated, then you should be notifying the same to your physician without fail.
- If you are planning for a surgery before beginning this medical course
- If you are currently receiving or planning to receive a dental treatment
- If you are on a medical course for some other medical condition or if you have taken any natural health supplement, herbal supplement or any other medicine in the recent past.
Tramadol Vs Tramadol SR – Dosage instructions
Take these pills exactly as prescribed by the physician. Read the directions on the prescription label carefully and follow as stated. Do not take the drug in higher doses or longer than what is recommended as doing so can welcome unfavorable health complications. For moderate to severe chronic pain, you can take 25 mg of the pill every morning with or without food.
You can also take one or two 100 mg of tramadol SR tablets twice a day, morning and evening restricting to a maximum of four pills per day. You can otherwise take 150 mg or 200 mg of the tramadol SR tablets twice a day, morning and evening restricting to a maximum of two tablets per day. The dosage for both the versions however depends upon your current medical condition, your age, your response to the medication and dosage differs for every individual.