No. Tramadol cannot all types of pain. It is typically used to control the pain sensations that are considered to be moderate and severe. The scope of the medicine in treating very severe pain conditions haven’t been deciphered yet. Indeed, it is a very common drug for pain that can be found in Canadian online pharmacy.
Pain Conditions treated by Tramadol
It is unwise to consider that Tramadol is a cure for all kinds of pain. Some of the foremost pain conditions for which the medication offers comprehensive relief are
- Tender muscles
- Pain in muscles
- Neuropathic pain
- Pain caused in muscles during chemotherapy
- Joint pains
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pain management after surgery or major injury
It is used for treating a lot of chronic and acute pain conditions too. Tramadol alters the neurochemicals in the brain by changing the way the brain reacts to particular pain sensations. The drug increases the secretion of neurotransmitters namely dopamine and serotonin. These neurochemicals will alter the way brain deals with pain signals. If the root of the pain is not addressed, pain would linger on for a long time.
Pain Conditions not treated by Tramadol
There are certain pain conditions that aren’t treated by Tramadol because of the intensity of pain. However, in some cases it offers mild relief in certain body types.
- Pain caused during pregnancy or labor. A pregnant woman should not consume Tramadol, as it can harm her baby.
- Pain caused due to serious head injury should not be treated with this drug. History of head injury is also a criterion under which the use of this drug can be restricted by your doctor.
- This drug should not be used for a migraine headache as it might trigger drug interaction.
- Pain experienced by a child less than 16 years of age should not be addressed with this drug. In rare cases when the benefits are more than the risk, it might be prescribed by doctor. It should not be given for treating pain experienced by a child less than four years of age.
- It is a strong medication and should be used only for treating moderate and severe pain conditions. Using the drug for mild pain might result in addiction, in the long run.
- It should not be used for pain caused by digestive disorders or any form of pain in the abdomen area.
Tramadol is a very strong narcotic-like drug that can sedate and cause addiction. There are a lot of pain conditions that can be treated with this drug. Starting from major wounds to chronic pain like arthritis, this drug can be a temporary solution. When used for a very long time, either the drug would render useless or you would get addicted to the drug. Moreover, it should not be used for any pain experienced by a lactating mother.
This painkiller is found commonly in a lot of stores and many doctors would recommend you to use it. Though there are a lot of advantages of this pill, it is important to know that misusing or overdosing would lead to serious conditions and in some cases, even death. Thus, it is vital to know the pain sensations for which Tramadol is really effective and for which it is not. If you want to know whether Tramadol is the right medication for your pain, talk to your doctor, as they are the most appropriate source to identify the effectiveness of the pain relief pill in respective body types.