There may be multiple treatments available for erectile dysfunction (ED), but this is a condition that can be managed by making lifestyle changes as well like eating healthy foods.
ED can be easily managed with drugs like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra. However, they do not help in curing the problem and only aid in managing ED. Persons diagnosed with ED are most likely to have some health problem linked to this condition. Dietary changes, such that it is filled with foods that boost erectile function, can help tremendously in improving ED. After all, no one wants to consume medications forever. Sexual health enhancing foods also work when the individual is unable to take medications or use other methods to overcome ED. There are some naturally available sources in the form of super foods that help with ED that every person can consume for overall sexual wellness.
How do foods improve ED?
A direct relation exists between health and ED. Certain lifestyle choices impact one’s health in many ways. One of the common reasons for ED is the restricted blood flow and improper circulation. Healthy foods help prevent and even reduce the symptoms of ED while using ED meds like Cialis or Levitra as they help regulate the body’s blood flow, blood sugar levels, maintaining weight, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and even vascular function. Foods that keep the blood vessels in good health and also improve blood flow can prevent developing ED as well as reverse the effects of this condition. Following a diet that enables you to be healthy in all aspects would be immensely useful.
Top foods that boost erectile function
Here are some of the best foods to consume, which can aid in the reversal of ED effects:
- Chocolate – These are loaded with flavonoids that help improve blood flow. Having a piece of dark chocolate at least once a day can keep the cardiovascular function in good health.
- Pistachios – Some nuts are always good to consume. Pistachios contain components that help regulate the blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels. This great snack can actually be eaten as way to combat ED.
- Watermelon – This is yet another food that helps regulate the blood flow in the body. Watermelon contains citrulline, which helps to relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow similar to the way ED medications work.
- Beetroots – These are immensely rich in nitrates, which also aid in regulating blood flow by allowing the blood vessels to relax. Beets help get better erections and should be part of one’s regular diet for all the health compounds that it contains.
- Leafy green vegetables – Nitrates are present in other food sources too and green leafy vegetables are a very good source indeed. Have them regularly to improve blood flow throughout the body.
- Oysters and seafood – Oysters are seen as aphrodisiacs but they contain important minerals like zinc that boost testosterone production. Seafood and oily fish also contain the minerals that help improve blood flow.
What are some foods to avoid or eat less of?
While the above list promotes incorporating these foods into one’s diet, there are also foods and lifestyle habits that actually cause ED and can be avoided. Excessive consumption of alcohol is one of the many causes of ED. Limit your alcohol intake to just a few glasses of wine or other spirits. Processed junk food and unhealthy fats affect cardiovascular function. Remember that too much of any food can have adverse effects on your health. Consume only what your body needs to sustain itself and function energetically. Make these foods and lifestyle changes right now so that you do not have to depend only on medications to overcome ED.